Skip to content

How can I find out what happened to an estate of a family member?

If you are trying to find out what happened to the estate of a family member, the first step is to contact the Superior Court of Justice in the county where your relative resided at the time of his or her death. The court should be able to tell you whether someone was appointed estate trustee for your family member’s estate.

If an estate trustee has been appointed, it is recommended that you contact the estate trustee as they should be aware of what has happened with the estate. If you do not receive a response from the estate trustee or if you are not satisfied with their response, you should consider hiring a lawyer to help you.

Frequently Asked Questions
Back To Top