Related Posts and Articles
Power of Attorney for Property
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a living will the same thing as a Power of Attorney?
- What is a living will?
- How can I find court forms for estate proceedings?
- Why is the Office of the Children’s Lawyer involved in an estate or trust matter?
- How can I find out what happened to an estate of a family member?
- How is a estate distributed?
- How do I calculate the amount of the estate administration tax?
- How do I prove I’m an heir (someone who inherits property) to an estate?
- What government benefits are available to the family of the deceased?
- Assume a parent has a joint bank account with one of their children. When that parent dies who gets the money – the surviving joint account holder or the estate?
- When it comes to inheritance, is a common law spouse entitled to the same rights as a married spouse?
- What happens if the named estate trustee dies before the testator?
- Does the executor have to provide beneficiaries with an accounting?
- What happens if the will is lost?
- When will a Court remove an estate trustee/executor?
- What do I do if I need information from a deceased person’s tax records?
- How do I prepare tax returns for a deceased person?
- What steps have to be taken to obtain clearance certificate?
- What is a clearance certificate?
- What is an executor / estate trustee and what are his / her duties?
- How do I get a copy of someone’s will after they die?
- What is a will?