The estate trustee must:
- File the necessary tax return(s) and receive the notices of assessments;
- Pay the outstanding taxes;
- Complete and deliver to CRA a form TX19 and attach
- copy of the will all probate documents. If there is no will attach a certificate of appointment without a will
- statement showing the list of assets and distribution plan
- the names, addresses, and social insurance numbers or account numbers of the recipients and his or her relationship to the deceased.
At this point the CRA will issue a clearance certificate. For accountants and those familiar with estate accounting this is not an especially difficult process.
If you are doing this sort of thing on your own we suggest you review the CRA website and start with this link http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/lf-vnts/dth/clrnc-eng.html