Rasouli – Doctors’ Powers and Patients’ Rights (2014)
Hassan Rasouli was in a permanent vegetative state. Fed through a tube inserted into his stomach, he was only being kept alive by a mechanical ventilator. Believing there was no realistic hope of recovery, the doctors wanted to remove his life support. His family said no. Who has the right to make these decisions?
Date: June 2, 2014
Time: 7:30 am – 12:00 noon
Location: Shaarei Shomayim Synagogue, Toronto
- In honour of Ruth and a certain doctor
- End-of-life questions: doctors, boards and courts
- Should government pay for end-of-life treatment?
- What Rasouli means for end-of-life patient treatment in 21st Century
- Presenters, Location, Registration